WHY FOCUS SPECIFICALLY ON THE IMPORTANCE OF FEMALE LEADERSHIP IN A TRAINING PROGRAM?
Women make up just over half of the population in Canada and yet, they are still underrepresented in political and professional leadership positions.
A larger number of women in leadership positions would help Canada progress towards gender equality. In addition to influencing decisions on laws, policies, and administration, female leaders in Canada serve as mentors and role models for young women:
- 67% of women say they learned the most important lessons about leadership from other women.
- 82% of working professionals believe that the opportunity to interact with female leaders and the ability to network will help advance their careers.
- 86% of women say that seeing an increased number of women in leadership positions leads them to believe that they too can access it.
- 91% of working women say that they consider it important to be a role model for their younger colleagues in the workplace. *
*KPMG Women’s Leadership Study—Moving Women Forward into Leadership Roles, 2017
The primary goal of this new program is therefore to empower and inspire women in their career development to propel themselves at all levels and be up to their own personal and professional ambitions.
Our motto remains the same: to train leaders, it takes leaders and we believe that the integration of new behaviors is optimal when learning is done through different methods, which is why practical training, conferences, discussion panels, and networking will be highlighted during the program.
WHY OFFER THIS PROGRAM TO THE WOMEN IN YOUR COMPANY?
Whether it is to thank them, congratulate them, and put them forward or to help them progress in their professional development within your company, both employees and employers will reap great benefits:
- High-performing companies tend to have a high number of women in leadership positions: 37% of leaders in high-performing companies are women, compared to 19% of leaders in low-performing companies.
HOW WILL THIS PROGRAM HELP WOMEN EXCEED THEMSELVES AND OPTIMIZE THEIR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ?
Following a working committee put in place by the Leadership Institute, gathering a dozen women leaders from different backgrounds, several current issues were selected to promote the development of female leadership under three main themes: leadership, balance, and communications:
- The willingness to feel and use emotions as a powerful lever for team mobilization
- Exploring the keys to emotional courage
- Be a present and conscious leader
- Demystifying emotions in the professional context and the desire to make a unique mark.
Module: Seizing opportunities, a mindset to tame
- Discover our leadership style and define its advantages and limitations.
- Identify the contextual and individual factors from which they need to adjust their leadership style
- Deploy the most effective influence tactics to counter resistance, sell ideas and maintain harmonious relationships.
- The four fundamental leadership styles
- How to recognize which leadership style to adopt with your interlocutor
Module: Putting your natural negotiating skills into practice
- How to foster a win-win approach
- The importance of preparation and understanding the other party
- Active listening
- Non-verbal language
- Control your emotions
Module: Propel yourself with the power of words
- Increase your credibility and confidence through the power of words
- Measure your credibility for more impact
- Develop your credibility with the 10 keys to success
- Stand out from the crowd and increase your chances of making a good impression
Module: Be the leader I am
- Identify and understand our greatest strengths to maximize the impact of our leadership
- Discover the 4 needs to inspire and mobilize our employees
- Know and adopt the essential behaviors of a manager-coach
- Use the 12 pillars of employee engagement to develop an action plan to support our leadership development.
In addition to these topics covered in training, there will be discussions, panels, and conferences:
- Reflection on female leadership
- Female solidarity and network creation
- Taming political sense and influence
Below are the dates of the next cohorts for the Women Leaders Program. Click on the time slot of your choice to access all the details and register.
Upcoming 2024 dates
To get on our waiting list, contact email@example.com
Québec only: training days are eligible for the 1% law for workforce training. In addition, you can access other funding. To do so, contact the Emploi Québec office in your region.
Discounts are available for non-profit (15%) and government (10%) organizations. Contact us for more details.
Special rates are also available when three or more participants from the same company register for training. For more details, please contact us.